30. The Printing Shop

The Printing Shop – 98 River St

On the map of 1910, this building is divided into two parts. To the west the store sold implements and to the east there was a print shop. From 1907 to 1940, Wesley Christopher Miller ran a grocery store here with the help of his daughter Mabel. Harry Chambers lived on the second floor and provided help to local farmers with his knowledge of animal husbandry. To the east in the other half of the building, Bill Harris had a shoe repair shop. During the time frame of 1939 to 1945, Philip St. John sold farm supplies in this part of the building. John Thorne established the Thorne Memorial chapel here in 1973 and continues this service up until the present date.